Link alternatif AsianBookie.com: | asianbookie6.com |  asianbookie.uk | (Bookmark CTRL+D)

SBOTOP

bet365 - Best Live Odds on All Asian Handicaps. - SIGN UP NOW!

M88.com

Main Menu | Preferences | Search | Register | Log In

Registered Forum Members: 270895 and growing!

PC Performance Tweak - AsianBookie.Com Forums

eSports Forum 
 Main Menu > eSports Forum > PC Performance Tweak

» CHAT Now! « [ 148 Chatters Online ]
Search | Register | Log In
 ( Page 1 2 )  Go to Last Post    
Posted By Topic: PC Performance Tweak       - Views: 3438
avalanche7677
17-Apr 2011 Sunday 4:21 PM (4760 days ago)               #1
*Gold Member*

Liked By: 5019
Followers: 1

Tipsters
Championship:
Player has
not started

Well I have been meaning to write this for a while now but time itself isn’t much of a friend to me. Since I am free today, I thought of sharing some tweaking tips that is safe to fine tune your pc’s performance. So run down the following list to see if you have ever encountered such situation and decide if you really need this tweaking.

-Slow pc booting up?
-Slow pc shutting down?
-Slow loading programs?
-Under powered pc?
-Low memory?

If you answered yes to all, you are indeed in the right place buddy. So let’s get down and dirty with the basic tunings.

Disk Cleanup
First off, you need to do a disk cleanup. This tool removes temporary internet files, downloaded program files, empties the recycle bin, windows temporary files, optional windows component and redundant files. Thankfully, Microsoft are kind enough to have include “Disk CleanUp” in their platform Evil Grin. So make use of it. You can launch the program by going to Start-->All Programs-->Accessories-->System Tools-->Disk Cleanup.

Disk Defragmentation
Next in line would be to do a Disk Defragmentation. Again, this function is provided by Microsoft for our basic needs in hard disk defragmentation but personally, I use Diskeeper Lite (It is a freeware, so google it ). Disk Defragmenter consolidates fragmented files and folders on your computer's hard disk, so that each occupies a single, contiguous space on the volume As a result, your system can gain access to your files and folders and save new ones more efficiently. You can launch the program by going to Start-->All Programs-->Accessories-->System Tools-->Disk Defragment.

Antivirus Protection
It is advisable to have a good antivirus software to protect our computers from virus, trojan and also malwares. I can suggest to use Kaspersky, Avira, ESET Nod32 or even Bitdefender. Viruses can be a pest when it slows down our pc performance. Mad So run a standard scan once a week.

So the above steps should be like a bible to us. Do it once a week for better performance. It can be roughly said that the “easy” part is done, let’s move on to the next steps. Alright guys, grab your seat and get a safety helmet cause this is where it really gets rough Evil Grin

System Advance Performance
You can disable a few functions that are not necessary to operate your computer. By disabling these functions, you gain a few good pounds of computer performance. So how to do it? Right click on your My Computer and select properties. In Windows XP, it should bring you straight to System Properties but in Vista/7, you will need to do an extra step by clicking on Advance System Setting on your top left panel. Once the System Properties pops up, click on the Advance tab and click on Settings under the Performance option and use the similar settings as the below picture.

Virtual Memory
Within the same box, click on Advanced tab and Change under the Virtual Memory option. Virtual Memory is a memory management scheme that stores and retrieve data from secondary storage to use in main memory. To put simple, it is called paging file. To play it safe, click custom and follow the recommendation specified below the same box.

RAMDisk
To understand this is to first understand the basic function of a RAM. It is like a short term memory for the cpu. It takes bits and pieces of information and holds them till the cpu requires them and then dumps them when your restart or shutdown. So what I am about to show you is how to make your RAM work as your hard disk. It improves pc performance dramatically. To do this, you must first download a RAMDisk driver. I prefer to use Dataram RAMDisk. It is free if you configure below 4Gb Playful. Download and install and follow below settings.

Your allocation of RAM to be used as RAMDisk should not exceed the basic need for your pc. Check your available RAM space and use 80-90% of it.

Changing Directory After Installation of RAMDisk
Well, we are about done here only leaving a final step. To use the RAMDisk efficiently, you can change your TEMP folder and Internet Temporary Files to the RAMDisk location on your pc. Go back to the System Properties and click on the advance tab and then Environment Variables. Scroll down the System Variables and change the TEMP and TMP to your RAMDisk location. For Internet Explorer, go to the Internet Options and click on the Settings under the Browsing History option. Change the current location to your RAMDisk location and increase the Disk Space to Use to 250Mb. With these changes, you can experience a great change in your pc performance and also your internet speed.

Note: Your TEMP and Internet Temporary Files will be deleted upon restarts or shutdown as your RAM is a volatile storage. This is good as your pc constantly regenerates the files but if you want to store the data permanently, follow the following settings.

So that is about it. If you follow closely to the steps, you will notice the difference in your pc performance. I hope that you enjoy reading and hopefully it works to your benefit. Feel free to drop in a line if your encounter some setbacks or have any questions or doubt in mind. Smile

Cheers Smile

This message was edited by avalanche7677 on 29-Apr-2011 @ 9:53 AM

AsianBookie Tipsters Championship
Member of Team:
♠♍♠ Aces High ♠♍♠
(Est. Sep 2011)

Total Members: 4

laiszewea 18-Apr 2011 Monday 11:23 PM (4759 days ago)            #2
Administrator

Quad-Centennial Member

AsianBookie Tipster

Liked By: 293709
Followers: 462

Tipsters
Championship:
AB$: 3,035,937.50
Ranked:

yesyesyes

Life is full of surprises.

Member of Team:
ღ Miracle Simple Win ღ
(Est. Sep 2015)

Team Ranked: #2 - Team Score (Top 50 Members): AB$ 83,353,437 Total Members: 2628
AP
19-Apr 2011 Tuesday 8:15 PM (4758 days ago)            #3
*Diamond Member*

Liked By: 146
Followers: 2

Tipsters
Championship:
Player has
not started

yesyesyesyes

sioux
06-May 2011 Friday 4:17 PM (4741 days ago)            #4
Gold Member

Liked By: 16078
Followers: 14

Tipsters
Championship:
Player has
not started

GOOD INFO my friend
Thank's Playful

Bet with love and heart

Asi marhite holong ni roha

Member of Team:
Kick The Bookie Ass
(Est. Dec 2011)

Total Members: 8
avalanche7677
06-May 2011 Friday 9:11 PM (4741 days ago)            #5
*Gold Member*

Tipsters
Championship:
Player has
not started

quote originally posted by sioux:

GOOD INFO my friend
Thank's

The fun and beauty of knowledge is meant to be shared... We are never too young or old to learn something new Wink

Thanx for your comment Smile

Cheers Smile

Member of Team:
♠♍♠ Aces High ♠♍♠
(Est. Sep 2011)

Quantico
06-May 2011 Friday 10:14 PM (4741 days ago)            #6
Veteran Member

Liked By: 330

Tipsters
Championship:
Player has
not started

nice bro !!! Wink

01.MY ACCOUNT: 3000$
02.START: 18/12/2011
-18/12/2011: Valencia CF -0.75 (99) (100$) +99$
-19/12/2011: Crystal Palace lvl (-80) (100$) +100$
-20/12/2011: Blackburn Rovers -0.5 (-88) (100$) -88$
-21/12/2011: Newcastle United -0.5 (-93) (300$) -279$
-22/12/2011: Cadiz +1.75 (-89) (700$) -623$
-26/12/2011: Chelsea -1.75 (-80) (1500$) -1200$
03.TOTAL: 1009$
04.MY TOPIC: ONE PICK,ONE DAY
GOODLUCK ALL !!!

Vitamin C
18-May 2011 Wednesday 8:56 AM (4730 days ago)            #7

Liked By: 112

Tipsters
Championship:
Player has
not started

Let me share my experience with RAMDisk smiley

I run Firefox, 100% on RAMDisk, not just the cache, so it run faster.

I do it this way:

• Install Dataram RAMDisk
  • Open Task Manager, go to Performance tab, see how much free RAM, exit Task Manager
  • Open RAMDisk Configuration Utility, Set Disk Size to 50% of free RAM, Choose unformatted option
  • Go to Load and Save tab, Choose Load Disk Image at Startup, Choose Save disk Image on Shutdown
  • Start RAMDisk, exit Configuration Utility
  • Open Windows Disk Management, format the RAMDisk to NTFS, give drive letter and name, exit Disk Management
  • Now enter the RAMDisk drive, create three new folder, rename new folder 1 to AppData_Local_Mozilla_Firefox,

rename new folder 2 to AppData_Roaming_Mozilla, rename new folder 3 to ProgramFiles_MozillaFirefox

• Go to Windows drive's Program Files\Mozilla Firefox, select all, cut, paste in ProgramFiles_MozillaFirefox folder on RAMDisk

Go to User\YourUsername\AppData\Local\Mozilla\Firefox, select all, cut, paste in AppData_Local_Mozilla_Firefox folder on RAMDisk

Go to User\YourUsername\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla, select all, cut, paste in AppData_Roaming_Mozilla folder on RAMDisk.

• Now that the original folder empty,  junction it to the new destination using Junction Link Magic software, download and install it first
  • Run Junction Link Magic, create a new junction point. The Junction Point (host folder) is the empty original folder and the Destination (target folder) is the respective folder on RAMDisk where all the cutted data from the original one pasted.

Do the same trick for any other application with high I/O like databases, audio and video editing, CAD programs, Software compilers, CD duplication, Games and others and you should notice extreme speed up. At the same time it also extend the harddisk/SSD lifetime because high I/O applications moved to RAMDisk now use RAM to operate not the harddisk/SSD anymore, and RAM will never wear out, but of course you must have respectable amount of RAM for big size application, and you should note, the bigger the RAMDisk image, the longer it takes to load and save at startup and shutdown, but in the end it is a reasonable price for SPEED that BLAZINGLY FAST. I recommend all Bros to give it a try. yes

Note: I also have changed the user TEMP and system TEMP to my RAMDisk like bro avalanche told and now it faster to install applications since applications installer use TEMP folder while installing and some application use it while operating as well.

This message was edited by Vitamin C on 18-May-2011 @ 8:58 AM

This message was edited by Vitamin C on 18-May-2011 @ 9:04 AM

Member of Team:
BLUE BLUE SEA
(Est. Jan 2011)

Total Members: 56
avalanche7677
18-May 2011 Wednesday 8:24 PM (4729 days ago)            #8
*Gold Member*

Tipsters
Championship:
Player has
not started

quote originally posted by Vitamin C:

Thanks for Sharing Smile

Member of Team:
♠♍♠ Aces High ♠♍♠
(Est. Sep 2011)

I.Am.Mad
10-Jun 2011 Friday 11:04 AM (4707 days ago)            #9

Tipsters
Championship:
Player has
not started

I think i saw this in yahoo Evil Grin Evil Grin Evil Grin
Totally the same

I feels that I am Mad, Do u feels so too?

avalanche7677
10-Jun 2011 Friday 11:09 AM (4707 days ago)            #10
*Gold Member*

Tipsters
Championship:
Player has
not started

quote originally posted by I.Am.Mad:

I think i saw this in yahoo
Totally the same

lol... the basics would roughly be the same... What you thought that I'm Einstein who is coming out with his relativity theory for the first time ???

Member of Team:
♠♍♠ Aces High ♠♍♠
(Est. Sep 2011)

I.Am.Mad
10-Jun 2011 Friday 11:59 AM (4707 days ago)            #11

Tipsters
Championship:
Player has
not started

quote originally posted by avalanche7677:

lol... the basics would roughly be the same... What you thought that I'm Einstein who is coming out with his relativity theory for the first time ???

I mean same as in word by word Cool Indifference Cool Indifference

I.Am.Mad
10-Jun 2011 Friday 12:02 PM (4707 days ago)            #12

Tipsters
Championship:
Player has
not started

No matter what..
Thanks for sharing.

avalanche7677
10-Jun 2011 Friday 12:03 PM (4707 days ago)            #13
*Gold Member*

Tipsters
Championship:
Player has
not started

I mean same as in word by word

lol... I would love to stay and play with you but I have better things to do Smile

Have a nice day Smile

Member of Team:
♠♍♠ Aces High ♠♍♠
(Est. Sep 2011)

AP
22-Jun 2011 Wednesday 11:09 PM (4694 days ago)            #14
*Diamond Member*

Liked By: 146
Followers: 2

Tipsters
Championship:
Player has
not started

I think i saw this in yahoo
Totally the same

Does it matters?

We are not Bill Gates

SevenAces
28-Jun 2011 Tuesday 12:11 PM (4689 days ago)            #15
Silver Member

Liked By: 6350

Tipsters
Championship:
Player has
not started

Smile Smile

Member of Team:
LET'S WIN TOGETHER TEAM
(Est. Dec 2009)

Team Ranked: #4 - Team Score (Top 50 Members): AB$ 77,712,187 Total Members: 3710
SKYBULLET007
23-Jul 2011 Saturday 4:33 PM (4663 days ago)            #16
Administrator

Liked By: 3613
Followers: 22

Tipsters
Championship:
Player has
not started

quote originally posted by AP:

Does it matters?

We are not Bill Gates

I'm darn bad at these sort of things. Thanks for the nice info TS, have a great weekday Smile

LUTOLOGY IS THE NAME

SHIOKENINI IS THE GAME

Member of Team:
THE OPPOSITION
(Est. Apr 2011)

Total Members: 5
iClone
29-Jul 2011 Friday 10:26 AM (4658 days ago)            #17
Gold Member

Liked By: 18683

Tipsters
Championship:
AB$: 927,500
Ranked:

other suggestions:

a. get a faster processor
b. get faster ram/more ram
c. get a SSD instead of hard disk
d. get advance system optimizer: http://www.systweak.com/aso/

options (a) to (d) involve lots of money but effective

Follow at your own risk

Member of Team:
ღ Miracle Simple Win ღ
(Est. Sep 2015)

Team Ranked: #2 - Team Score (Top 50 Members): AB$ 83,353,437 Total Members: 2628
Mirage Jet
08-Nov 2011 Tuesday 6:57 PM (4555 days ago)            #18
Gold Member

Liked By: 3029
Followers: 6

Tipsters
Championship:
AB$: -920,000
Ranked:

After reading thru' this thread, I am indeed sad that most of our members worshipped ms windows as if there are no other os that will perform better, indeed much better and at no cost, yes free of charge!

I am not here to disparage ms, far from it. But its os is continually upgraded from its original os using using a command prompt to win32, win98, win2000, win2002, winXP, winVISTA, and now windows7.(apologise if the sequence is incorrect.) What is new? It is charging more and more for its upgrades; and drinking more of the RAM than can be installed into our PC! We pay for the upgrades and for buying endless gigs of ram!

Can we honestly say that ms os is catering to the computing public or making huge profits for itself?

Ask Bill Gates!

However, this post is in my personal capacity as an ordinary user of the pc, nothing more, nothing less. And I would like to remind readers that if there is one user that's not happy with ms windows, that's me! But dont sue me yet! I am now using XP pro.! Ironic, isn't it? That's after thumbing down ms.!

I have 3 pcs. now using this XP with 3G RAM so there is no problem with its performance. Another PC (a gift from Singtel from signing up a 2 year contract, an ACER mini desktop with only 512MB RAM, Vista Home Basic.) which initially performed normally is now like the slowest tortoise; click this and the pointer will revolves endlessly, yes endlessly! It will take forever to go to where you want to go.

I have another laptop (that's not in the story).

My point is that I installed a copy of the ubuntu ver 10.10 which I managed to borrow from a friend to this gift pc ACER.

Its performance? I can safely say it's much better than the one I am using now, which is AMD Athlon(tm) 64 Processor 3500+, 2.21GHz, 2.96GB RAM.

How to get this os ubuntu? just go to ubuntu dot com and request a free cd which will take about three weeks to reach you. Alternately you can burn a copy of its latest ubuntu os from its website and instal it yourself. It's absolutely free!

I learned that there are about tens of millions of users in China using this os.

Just for your info.

Please take care, will you? Smile

avalanche7677
09-Dec 2011 Friday 8:37 AM (4525 days ago)            #19
*Gold Member*

Tipsters
Championship:
Player has
not started

quote originally posted by Mirage Jet:

lol... Okay bro... I value your opinion Smile

I have used Free BSD, Linux Red Hat and few other variation, Mac OS, in fact, I have used Ubuntu. I must say that in terms of compability, Windows is definitely better in serving the larger category of users which is why it is a more common household name.

Anyways, have a nice day and thanks for dropping by Smile

Member of Team:
♠♍♠ Aces High ♠♍♠
(Est. Sep 2011)

12BETClub
01-Jul 2013 Monday 1:04 PM (3955 days ago)            #20

Liked By: 156

Tipsters
Championship:
Player has
not started

thanks for info

[Go Back to Top]
 Main Menu > eSports Forum > PC Performance Tweak

Change Timezone:   

10. H_M ms

AsianBookie.com Forums Home | Back to AsianBookie.com

© Copyright 1998-2024 AsianBookie.Com - All rights reserved.
Advertise Feedback WAP Privacy Policy Terms of Service